Friday 3 February 2012

Business cards and letterpress/screenprinting



I realised after the crit on our design presence the other week that my business card seemed unfinishable due to lack of available resources. I had designed it without considering how to do it. Therefore I have been looking at a new, more neutral design where my logo can go across my website, portfolio and stationary. The first two images are from a manual printing studio called the print project who have done some really beautiful prints for a range of clients.
 They are able to print on really nice thick stock quite organically and I like that. It also made me think more about getting a stamp made if I can decide on my logo. There are two specific types of logo I have come up with here. One which is more to do with the play on words but always using my initials. Then the other which is more focused on colour and layout and more of a neutral friendly approach saying 'hello i'm jo' I decided to have hello i'm in lower case and then J O in upper so as to show that they are my initials as well as my name and also so that this is what would stand out the most in terms of hierarchy.

I will get some feed back and hopefully speak to the print project in bradford asap to get costs and ideas from them as well. It would be lovely if they did embossing with this. I think I would also have to be aware of the typefaces they have available for letter press if this is the way I want to go.. other things to consider are the way that the colour will be absorbed my a thicker material meaning a spot varnish may work really nicely. Here are some example of other work they have printed.

 This poster is advertising an indie market in bradford which I think I am going to head along to as it looks great.



No comments:

Post a Comment