Wednesday 22 February 2012

Patterns

Questions?

What will they be used for?
How can the concept become more important?
What themes can be used?
How can I stop myself copying other designs?
will they be type/image based or both?

Considering all of these I need to makesure I don't merely focus on making pretty patterns, rather create something which is for a specific subject and find a purpose for designing them. I don't want them to just be shallow image based designs.

Themes:
Colour
Geometry
typographic
Nature
Environment
Stories - I Think this has the most scope for something with backbone.

What sorts of stories?

Nursery Rhymes, Shakespeare, Old stories, Books in the charts, Top 5 ever written.

I really want to focus on books with are well reviewed and are seen as really good books but which have not been made into films and which are a range of genres.

GENRES

Romance,
history,
Comedy,
Horror,
War,
Crime,
Army,
Thriller,
Sci-fi
Biography,
Autobiography.




No comments:

Post a Comment