Saturday 12 May 2012

Think Big

After crafting the type for the promotional posters I felt quite disapointed when I put it all together. I don't think it really does the book justice and so want to rethink the way I am doing it.  I think it may have been a rushed decision as I wanted to meet my personal deadline as best as possible and was focussing on creating stop motion animations where this may not be the smartest way to work.  

Instead I have been drawn back to peepshow collective who created this fantastic window display for saatchi and saatchi showing their personal design process.  This made me think that the concept I have consider is one of bringing things to life and so it needs to scream life and excitement and colour.  

I would love to create a beautiful window display for bookstores which would catch the eye of people walking past and make them want to bring the books to life.  There is no point the promotional material being dull in comparison to the books as this is what gets people to look at the books in the first place. 
I feel much more excited about this which is what I should be as I feel it is something a bit challenging and different and works perfectly with the sort of design I want to produce.  









No comments:

Post a Comment