Wednesday 30 May 2012

Volunteer festival Boards and Evaluation

This brief has really shown me how one well executed concept can be spread across such a range of products.  It took me a long time to really pin down the key visual of this brief and it was only through the easter holidays that I decided upon it but once 'work hard, play hard' had been discovered and with it the illustrated type and linking lines it seemed that there was so much that could be done with it to extend products further.

A number of things were not right within this such as copy within the publications,  a lot of the time I wanted to show how it would work and so didn't think up different copy text for each guide or programme.  This is a flaw in my organisation as it was something I wanted to do but in terms of priorities it was not high on my list.  I realise though the importance of attention to detail and this has really taught me to understand that small things (within type and layout) often take much longer than anticipated.

The website is another down fall as I had focussed mainly on the printed products and the website fell back to being just a mock up.

Overall I am happy with the range of this brief and it holds together nicely. I wanted to focus on distribution as well as range and so did make sure this base was covered. This just means it actually all pieces together.

No comments:

Post a Comment